It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Triumphant Return
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:01 pm 
Captain
Captain

Ottoman Empire

Hello citizens of planet Earth 1. I Sultan Osman I here forth coupe the wuss leader that was Creel and have taken control of E1's leading alliance. Henceforth, ROTR shall be known as the Ottoman Empire and all country flags changed to Turkey. We have one goal in mind and that is to destroy the ARM scum and their allies.

With the destruction of Tigran the Great of Amernia's units,Image

we have proven that there is only one great empire in this world and that the Ottoman Empire. More battle reports are to follow, so keep a watch out. All those that would like to join us in this crusade against the scum of Earth 1 that is ARM, please send me a message and we shall hold discussions in my throne room.

Your Merciless Ruler,
Sultan Osman I

8+ years of Battledawn

Post subject: Re: Triumphant Return
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:13 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Praise to our Great Sultan Osman I!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:22 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Too far.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:25 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Dude...what the hell are you doing?

You're just trolling Tigran.

Obviously this should not be allowed, a Genocide is nothing to mock.

Previous Alliances; Prr, XXIV, DrTY, Doom, FF, CAE, AUA , IRON, IW.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

This is WAY beyond necessary.
You should be ashamed.

Moreover BD should be ashamed to allow you to call yourself a "moderator"
You are a complete embarrassment to BD and the rest of their great staff.

This is just not acceptable in any way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Yes I admit we are wrong.. but you dont know our true intentions of this. if you want to know.. pm me in game under the name dukey or on msn.

We have no way broke any barriers at all. It is frowned upon yes.. but we have done nothing wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:55 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

dukey wrote:
Yes I admit we are wrong.. but you dont know our true intentions of this. if you want to know.. pm me in game under the name dukey or on msn.

We have no way broke any barriers at all. It is frowned upon yes.. but we have done nothing wrong.

Except mock a genocide. Other than that, no, no barriers broken at all...

Previous Alliances; Prr, XXIV, DrTY, Doom, FF, CAE, AUA , IRON, IW.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:20 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Gaurav has changed the referred to Sultan to one not involved in the Genocide, but it still feels a bit personal for my taste.

Not my problem I suppose, I'm just in HnK!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

I changed which sultan I was named after, as soon as I found out what he was known for. This was maybe 5 minutes after I posted this. I couped Creel and have brought back the Ottoman Empire. There is nothing wrong with this, Osman I was the creator of the TOE and so I shall be named after him.

I do in no way condone the put down of the uprisings that occurred in the late 1800's, many centuries after I created this empire. The Ottoman Empire was one of the greats in the last thousand years so I have brought it back under me to take out ARM and its allies. If this offended anyone, I am sorry but you should not hate the empire. You may hate the Sultan that put down the uprisings in the late 1800's but that was not of my doing.

-Sultan Osman I

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:24 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The reference to the Ottoman Empire and change was perhaps ill timed with the indiscretions that were said by one of our members yesterday. The fact is, the Ottoman Empire was an empire that grew from a small country to that of a very extensive land from the 13th Century to the early 20th Century. During some of those times that empire controlled parts and/or all of Armenia, as well as Greece. Folks found it slightly amusing since we are fighting ARM (Armenia) and Tabula (Greece) that is was a play on those times.

Fact is there are folks that choose a great number of different names and countries that may or may not have played an influential part on others history.

Genghis Khan was a great conqueror, and many folks have used that name since BattleDawn is a game of conquering. He led many different Genocides and crimes against humanity. Folks from the cultures he conquered and killed could find that offensive.

I've seen folks play with Harry Truman as their name, he dropped the atom bomb, two of them on Japan. Folks could find that offensive playing with his name.

You have the German Flag as a selection, are we to not be able to use Germany as an alliance name or use their flag. Are we unable to say our Alliance name is the Axis Powers because it could have some connection with the Holocaust.

You are comparing the name of the Ottoman Empire to that of the Third Reich. I don't think that is a fair representation. When folks talk about the Roman Empire, that's not considered offensive. They conquered and killed as they took over lands. I think a comparison of the Roman Empire to that of the Ottoman Empire is quite similar. Perhaps the "Genocide" that occured in the 20th century is a bit of a hot political topic these days considering what is going on politically right now.

It was a bit of fun that I'm now being told folks find offensive. I can see the point. We wouldn't have made the choice if we were fighting Armenia. But that's why it was perceived as fun. Perhaps I don't appreciate the sensitivity of the subject.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next