It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SAILing Into The Darkness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:56 am 
Major
Major

I wish people would think before they post, there really is no need for most of this. I'd guess practically everyone that's been around has history with Greeny since he has been here for years after all. Whether that be good or bad history is left up to the individual but let's think about this from an outside perspective for a moment. You are bashing him because you have maybe a less than pleasant history with him but how do you think new players to bd would react to something like this? Another player being bashed for no real reason here with older players even joining in. Why don't we work on building up our community and get it back to the place it once was, this is our game after all and without new blood coming in it will surely fade away.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

JohnnyDoe wrote:
So much hate and contempt for Greeny... lol does he really deserve it?

Yes, yes he does :D

And SoF, no this isn't the shortest war ever! Unfortunately, one of my alliances I believes holds that recor! Lasted a whole hour before leader disbanded and booted entire alliance xD. Yay for the legacy of my old alliance tag xD (RIP Virus).

And Korupt, bashing has probably always been part of what made this community what it is today :P However, I've never been a fan of individually picking on a single player with bad intent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Take away the drama from these forums and you take away the interest.

You want to encourage it KD, trust me on this one! :lol:

#Sail is the best alliance of all times, as proven by Gaurav needing to put on his biggest effort ever to win by having them fall apart.

#respect #greenyforCE #admiration #troll

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:44 pm 
Major
Major

Alexanderkitty wrote:

#troll

Drama is good, trash talk is good, but they are completely different from bashing imo.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:52 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Korupt wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:

#troll

Drama is good, trash talk is good, but they are completely different from bashing imo.

Korupt is right tho. But if your gonna brag. Brag about an actual war where you had to fight it out. Not back-stab and gather three different alliances.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:40 am 
Captain
Captain

Alexanderkitty wrote:

KD I am going to ask you to please stop posting in here about a topic that you don't really know much about and honestly Alexander is right. When Battledawn first came into existance, the early forums were full of activity and it wasn't in the spam section or suggestion section, it was the battledawn discussion boards. The boards that were meant to be places where each round of BD could be discussed as the current rounds playing should be the most important aspect of a game and its community. Yes arguments occur and "bashing" if you want to put it that way happens. You say that even some of the older people have decided to post here, and that is because of the history players have with Greeny. You don't see threads like this everyday nor do you see players getting bashed everyday, so why try to stop the one active one that is running. If you think new players will run away from this game because they see one heated forum thread, then you probably don't want those players playing BD anyways.

This talk about it took 3 alliances to take him down and how we "feared Greeny", that just proves you guys have no idea what happened and why. In the opposite, the coalition that attacked did not fear SAIL, and were very confident that we would take SAIL down, out of respect for the 3 friends in SAIL, we gave them an option to get out before SAIL fell and not have their rounds and hard work ruined.

Yes GDL, PHI, and IND probably would not have beaten SAIL if they had fought on a 1 on 1, but if that was to be the case, this war probably would not have happened. GDL only formed and built like this because wanted to see Greeny go down and shared the opinion with many in the world. If there is so much opposition to a player, maybe just maybe you need to look at his actions and his history to see why so many people were up and ready to take him down when the chance came.

SAIL with Greeny leading, did not deserve to win E1. 3 players the three friends of ours, pretty much carried that alliance. Yes a couple others may have done their part, but 5-6 people should not be enough to win on E1 nor do those others deserve to win. When we attacked SAIL, Dodge, PJW, and League of Arnold pretty much alone held the alliances ops in NA, SA, and Africa.

Also remember, the alliance of SAIL lost their entire Asia network to 1 player.

The round will be ending shortly enough, and with it comes another era done for E1. Far from a perfect round nor how past Earth 1 rounds used to go, but at least the winner will not be the player that goes by Greenday.

Over and out

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:08 am 
Major
Major

Maybe they didn't deserve to win E1 but really none of the recent alliance's to win has. :lol: Please explain to me what I do not understand however because I've yet to see anything that I cannot comprehend. :lol:

You are right, years ago the forums did have active talks of wars and eras going on and I agree that is a good thing. That's not really what happened here now is it though? Much more animosity behind some of the posts but hey it is text and that is open to interpretation which was my main point here. Maybe it was meant as common trash talk or maybe it was more of a personal attack the point being if it can be interpreted that way it may reflect badly on our community which is not a very good thing in my opinion. Anyways I'm not here to condemn the posts or anything just stating how it may be interpreted. ;)

Since we are having a bit of fun though I will say all this "chest beating" over killing "nooby" Greeny does add some weight to the argument that he was feared and more than just a mere "noob". :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:14 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

[quote=
Since we are having a bit of fun though I will say all this "chest beating" over killing "nooby" Greeny does add some weight to the argument that he was feared and more than just a mere "noob". :lol:[/quote]

I've been following that argument with interest. :)

It seems to me that people are arguing this -

1, If you dislike a guy and go to war with him in game, and the guy is disliked by a lot of people and they want to get involved and go to war with him in game, this is interpreted as fearing the guy - er :?

2, If you post what happened and the reasons why this happened (which seems to now be translated as "chest beating") then this is interpreted as fearing the guy - er :?

Does 2 plus 2 equal 5 now? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:22 am 
Major
Major

Get1 wrote:

1, If you dislike a guy and go to war with him in game, and the guy is disliked by a lot of people and they want to get involved and go to war with him in game, this is interpreted as fearing the guy - er :?

2, If you post what happened and the reasons why this happened (which seems to now be translated as "chest beating") then this is interpreted as fearing the guy - er :?

1. If he hadn't said himself that 1v1 they would have lost that may be true. They acknowledged his power and the fact he had power at all would kinda debunk him being a noob. Especially since it was a power great enough that they believed they could not win alone. :lol:

2. If a simple factual opinion free post had been made this would be a very valid point. While fact was stated in the fact of how he was killed and what followed opinion was also injected into it. Therefore it cannot possibly be viewed as an unbiased factual report. :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:33 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:
Get1 wrote:

1. If he hadn't said himself that 1v1 they would have lost that may be true. They acknowledged his power and the fact he had power at all would kinda debunk him being a noob. Especially since it was a power great enough that they believed they could not win alone. :lol:

2. If a simple factual opinion free post had been made this would be a very valid point. While fact was stated in the fact of how he was killed and what followed opinion was also injected into it. Therefore it cannot possibly be viewed as an unbiased factual report. :P

1) I think there is some mix up between the "guy" and the Alliance "Sail".
I was commenting on the guy since people have been saying that Greeny was Feared.
Perhaps when they said Greeny they meant Sail.
I didn't make any comments regarding being a "noob" but since you mentioned it, the fact someone is not a noob doesn't mean they are to be feared.

2) I never thought it to be an "unbiased factual report" and never claimed it to be. When he posted what happened and the reason why this happened I was aware it was the situation as he saw it. But again - the fact that he was posting this seems to be interpreted as fearing the guy
As for me having a valid point if gaurav1 had made " a simple factual opinion free post"
Is there such a thing as a "factual opinion"? Is this an oxymoron? :lol: ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next