It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Round Extension
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:40 am 
Captain
Captain

Andrew cleared it up a bit for me in PM, but I'm still suspicious.

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:55 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Andrew wrote:
Your arguments had literally nothing to do with the extension Kane so I wouldn't think of them as so high and mighty :roll:...

-Andrew

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

LOL.. kane got told

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:24 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I'm not going to waste my time getting into it here, because there's no proof what truely influenced what happened.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 am 
Captain
Captain

Dukey wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Your arguments had literally nothing to do with the extension Kane so I wouldn't think of them as so high and mighty :roll:...

-Andrew

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

LOL.. kane got told

The arguments made for the extension had a very small influence on this 200 tick extension but an extremely minimal amount. That's more accurate really and I'm sorry to Kane for that comment, it was petty of me to say that and I apologize.

The main reasons to do an extension of 200 ticks instead of having a 6+ day havoc was that I didn't want to have 2 worlds in havoc at the same time, we need several days in between server resets in order to not upset the start of a world and a large part was due to the original poll for the 4500 extension. There's other minor reasons as well but nothing that had really any affect on this 200 tick extension and I don't need to list all 100 reasons I have for doing anything :mrgreen:.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:56 am 
Private
Private

EW forum wars i have to pay more attention forgive my neglect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:44 pm 
Private
Private

psg188 wrote:
The round was set to end at 4000 because that is how long double tick servers went in the old client. The 4000 value was not increased DESPITE:

-The increased population that slows the game
-The increased size of the map that slows the game
-The way the hybrid double/single ticks server worked, the fact that things were balanced to play the same speed as a single tick world cuts the pace of the game IN HALF
-A rocky launch and slow fix of critical bugs slowed the pace of this round

You would think that these four reasons would have made significant extensions not only able to be put to vote, but NECESSARY for balanced game-play. The fact that this was operated as a "double refresh" server rather than a "double tick" server is reason enough on it's own to warrant a round length of 6000, much less 4500. The "double refresh" buzzword was used for this round in a lot of balancing discussions... a lot of what I wanted changed was denied because "this is a double refresh server, not a double tick server"..."think about it based on the hour, not the tick"...

Well ok, I did think of it like that, but now suddenly we are treating it like a double tick server again. This is an outrage. If nothing else went wrong this round and we ended on 4500 it would be the equivalent of running 2250 ticks on an old single tick server... which while we're on the subject, weren't extensions always in increments of 500 hours? Why is this extension only 250 hours when I was told time and time again to think about this by the hour, not by the tick... Anyway, if everything else went perfect this extension woulds till not be adequate for that reason... When you add on the other reasons I mentioned it only compounds the problem.

Not only are all the problems above in effect, but we are at war, an active war between the rank #1 and #2 alliance. Has Michael not stated time and time again that we should not reset in an active server with wars going on?

When we have 80% of the people responding wanting an extension, how on earth do you take that to mean we should only do a short and completely inadequate extension... this appeases the 20% that voted against it. When you think about it, at this stage of the game it's pretty clear who's going to win, so you would think the majority of players would want a reset. It's the more active and serious players that want to continue fighting. When you have 80% that DON'T want a reset, that is a HUGE deal. You will obviously always have the people about to lose that are against the extension... that's why they are so... how did you put it... adamant.

The server, due to being double refresh as opposed to double tick, should have been set to run until tick 6000. The rocky start, larger map, and increased population should only have pushed that number higher. The fact that we are in a major world war should push that number higher... but despite all this you decide to cut it off at 4500? This is insane on so many levels.

I'm sorry, I was as civil as I could muster here, but this just has me fuming. There are just too many reasons to extend many times, beyond 6000 even... and yet all you give us is half an extension (250 hours).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12