It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Round Extension
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:24 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Just because our name is at the top doesn't mean we aren't still having a good time. There is plenty of point continuing it as there are wars going on and a vast majority of players want to keep playing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:22 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Anyone who doesn't want to play the game, delete, stop moaning, and let those who do (most people) get on with it.

You should not be allowed to trash the game to maintain your score for the HoF.

The player Shapes from AEX just broadcast moaning about how rubbish BD was because when he logged back in he had lost his army & that he was quitting the game.

That attitude stinks & it's the same attitude that the naysayers are displaying now.

If the guys leading mL & CRAP want to give up & quit, do it, stop talking about it, & hand the leadership over to someone else. See if any smaller alliances with some bottle want the relics & sail them over to them.

The wet sound of towels being flung in the ring is getting deafening.

nc2 aNiMaL (MupT)
RC Fantasy: Brave Sir Robin (VV) winners
M1 Zaphod of Betelgeuse (DRAW) winners

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:27 pm 
Captain
Captain

oi vey

I'm done with this argument :)

I suppose we will have to sit here and play cat and mouse for another 2200 ticks

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:56 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

You can try all the cheap shots you like, but unlike that atrocious round, no exploits or poor sportsmanship have been displayed here.

Hell, we aren't even at war with you and you are talking about quitting... are we really that scary?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:53 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sorry for my late post guys I've been too busy to be following the thread actively.

Just to clear up a few things:

1) The ending tick for a round is told to you in the very first message that you get from the admin when you create your colony. It seems that a large number of vets completely missed this for some reason so I'll ask our programmers to put some sort of notice on the interface somewhere stating the round ending or something to remedy this lack of knowledge.

2) The amount of active players in the last 24hrs has been dropping over the last few weeks a lot, at around the 1/2 mark there was about 1500 players logging in every 24hrs on average, that average has dropped to a little over 900.

For now it remains tick 4500, we'll see how things go.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:12 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
1) The ending tick for a round is told to you in the very first message that you get from the admin when you create your colony. It seems that a large number of vets completely missed this for some reason so I'll ask our programmers to put some sort of notice on the interface somewhere stating the round ending or something to remedy this lack of knowledge.

That 4000 was because this was a double tick server, this was before we knew about the rocky start, the plethora of bugs, how the increased population would affect things, and before the minimum attack was set to 6. Too many things were added AFTER the fact that should have altered when the round was to end, but you didn't change it... That's not conducive to a balanced round.

Quote:
2) The amount of active players in the last 24hrs has been dropping over the last few weeks a lot, at around the 1/2 mark there was about 1500 players logging in every 24hrs on average, that average has dropped to a little over 900.

That's the way all servers work, 900 active players is A LOT compared to old client rounds at this stage of the game. To claim that this means we shouldn't extend is silly, if that were the case no old client rounds would make it past 2000 before the admins shut them down. Not to mention your statement of the round ending at 4500 has probably disheartened a good few players who see that they don't have much chance to change their circumstances in that amount of time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:51 pm 
Captain
Captain

What circumstance is that?
Having F69 get all 10 relics and take up the entire top 24?

I don't see how anyone could be unhappy with their situation in F69, or any other alliance could think that they could ever get 1st place at this point.

PS: sorry about your spy, I lost mine as well earlier last week. He was a good friend and mentor and will be missed greatly.

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:47 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

It doesn't matter if you'd be satisfied where we are, we want to finish the war, and I see no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:36 pm 
Captain
Captain

Kenny wrote:
Whatever happened to extensions are DISCOURAGED and used only during MAJOR wars which.. there is none right now going on that could change the course of the game.

bfan8475 wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:39 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

If you want to fight, fight us, if you'd rather the round end... lay down your arms and we will end it for you. This is a war game, why do you want so desperately to avoid war?

I've already proven that a longer round is more balanced, why the original number was 4000, I wondered why it was never changed alongside the game mechanics that effected round length but got no answer. There is a world war going on between the biggest alliances of the server, just because you admit defeat doesn't mean the war is over, if you admit defeat, stop fighting and it will be over. As long as you continue to fight us, than you are still trying to win... so the round should continue.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next