It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: What did Power's squads say to the Power's squads?!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:23 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

They said you got owned!

Talk about friendly fire.

Post subject: Re: What did Power's squads say to the Power's squads?!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yeah, you gotta be careful. lol. Squads dont float on outposts anymore. Last era on M4 Alexey and Dees clashed remember lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Nah I've got the worst memory in the world. This all happend last minute with a change of member so there wasn't much reaction time to think about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:52 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yeah that was the time it happened, Dees kicked Alexey and his squads were returning and killed about 10 squads of dees lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Actually, this just happened to me on e4. One of my team members had about 45 vehicles sitting on a second members gate. I was returning with my tanks when the gate owner auto-deleted. My tanks destroyed his vehicles and we both lost a bunch of units. Admin said it was some kind of feature to prevent people from kicking members to keep them from losing units during a big attack. Units automatically go in defense mode. Doesn't really make much sense to me because you'd think even in defense they would be able to recognize their own teammates. Took me a while to even figure out what was going on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:29 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I understand ex-team mate defending against your own squads but not when it's my own squads against each other. That's a bit preposterous.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Allyn wrote:
Actually, this just happened to me on e4. One of my team members had about 45 vehicles sitting on a second members gate. I was returning with my tanks when the gate owner auto-deleted. My tanks destroyed his vehicles and we both lost a bunch of units. Admin said it was some kind of feature to prevent people from kicking members to keep them from losing units during a big attack. Units automatically go in defense mode. Doesn't really make much sense to me because you'd think even in defense they would be able to recognize their own teammates. Took me a while to even figure out what was going on.

Actually before this if say there were 200 squads sitting on a gate, and an attack was incoming. And say you were all spied, then you could just kick the gate owner. When the other squads hit, the only ones to fight them would be the gate owner's squads. The other squads though there would just float on the outpost, which was a bug/flaw. This game mechanic/tactic was used to save units about a couple of eras back on E1, which sparked this change. Now if the gate becomes neutral. any units attacking or returning to the gate will fight any squad friendly/neutral in it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:12 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Still, I just can't understand why my own squads would kill each other. If anything make the squads on the neutral outpost void for the battle not include them. Didn't lose a whole lot but 4 armor squads worth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 am 
Corporal
Corporal

mfreak wrote:
Actually before this if say there were 200 squads sitting on a gate, and an attack was incoming. And say you were all spied, then you could just kick the gate owner. When the other squads hit, the only ones to fight them would be the gate owner's squads. The other squads though there would just float on the outpost, which was a bug/flaw. This game mechanic/tactic was used to save units about a couple of eras back on E1, which sparked this change. Now if the gate becomes neutral. any units attacking or returning to the gate will fight any squad friendly/neutral in it.

I'm sure this was debated ad infinitum at the time, so I'm not trying to rehash that debate even though I don't see the big deal. Sure, it's an extreme tactic, but it carries a lot of risk against the member being kicked.

What I see happening here is one of those unintended consequences. There is no reason why someone should be attacked by his own squads, that just doesn't even begin to make sense. I'm sure there's a way to code the mechanics to handle both scenarios.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:25 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Still, I just can't understand why my own squads would kill each other. If anything make the squads on the neutral outpost void for the battle not include them. Didn't lose a whole lot but 4 armor squads worth

Whoa, wait!! I didn't read that properly!

That is just wrong :lol: Your own squads if they do anything, should fight the other squads together. Not kill each other. I think that's a bug, you should report it. It should be friendly fire, not suicide lol.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next