It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: WAW compensation
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:23 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This really Irks me. Seasoned players that know the outcomes of a bug, use it to gain an advantage over other players. With direct personal access to admins they claim they deserve compensation when they know the results of the moves they make. By exploiting a bug and gaining compensation they are allowed to NOT circumvent game mechanics and get rewarded. Just because I can lie, cheat, and steal does not make it okay!

You did have a counter for the nuke, not having UWS firing it. Everytime I see a nuke that is mine or not mine. I know the rules (and you do to). So for now on we have a new set of rules..If you are hit by a nuke that you cant ion..go ahead and attack because Andrew has made it clear that you will be compensated for it. So I will intentionally do this for now on and ask Andrew for compensation and see if everyone gets the same treatment. I implore everyone to do the same.

It is not fair, because compensation should be the same across the board for everyone. Is it really who you know or what you do?

On another subject.. I remember last round NFL got ioned from a player 30 times that used multi's and was banned. They never received compensation and they were not even culpable. This round I had a colony banned while send # sqauds at me, which cost me units..Do I deserve compensation. It takes me two days to get an reply from Andrew (not knocking that I know he is busy) but wow WAW must have his cell phone number.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:34 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

So you agree that we should remove the ability to ion nukes heading to your own OPs? Since it's easy to get everyone on and move at the drop of a hat of course.

The bug gave you incentive to not ion a nuke hitting your own colony, obviously that is outside the intentions of the mechanic. We messaged Andrew in game and don't have any compensation yet so I'm not sure where bope got their intelligence from.

We didn't use this bug to our advantage, bope did by not ionizing the nuke. I know why they didn't, it was in their best interest not to, but it shouldn't have been in their best interest not to. Fault in the game mechanics should equal compensation. If you want compensation for the rushed infantry I wouldn't complain.

But claiming this is legitimate is lunacy and nothing more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:52 pm 
Captain
Captain

aazaadx wrote:
On another subject.. I remember last round NFL got ioned from a player 30 times that used multi's and was banned. They never received compensation and they were not even culpable. This round I had a colony banned while send # sqauds at me, which cost me units..Do I deserve compensation. It takes me two days to get an reply from Andrew (not knocking that I know he is busy) but wow WAW must have his cell phone number.

NFL should not deserve compensation then since ions just damge the troops they didn't actually cqause loss in troops unless they attacked while it was happening.

psg188 wrote:
So you agree that we should remove the ability to ion nukes heading to your own OPs? Since it's easy to get everyone on and move at the drop of a hat of course.

No I don't think ne1 agrees to that. The entire point of the ion is so you can ion missles and don't have to move your troops to avoid.

psg188 wrote:
The bug gave you incentive to not ion a nuke hitting your own colony, obviously that is outside the intentions of the mechanic. We messaged Andrew in game and don't have any compensation yet so I'm not sure where bope got their intelligence from.

Once again no. This does not give u incentive. Now if a member of your alliance launched one at your colony then yes you would get compensated but not if anyone launched a nuke at your colony The entire reason they got compensated was that it was THEIR nuke that hurt them. Nukes launched by a alliance are not supposed to hurt the alliance that launched them. It is a glitc and they got compensated for it. Stop whining.

psg188 wrote:
But claiming this is legitimate is lunacy and nothing more.

Well then I guess everyone except for you is crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:02 pm 
Captain
Captain

He's not whining, he is defending himself and the alliance he is in.

【Fantasy】【EB】【Wolf】

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I think you're confused what side of the issue I'm on.

Quote:
No I don't think ne1 agrees to that. The entire point of the ion is so you can ion missles and don't have to move your troops to avoid.

I was giving another example of how they were claiming that WAW shouldn't be compensated because we could just have turned. That's why we have ions, so we don't need to do silly dances like that. I am in WAW.

Quote:
It is a glitc and they got compensated for it. Stop whining.

We actually haven't been compensated yet, and I'm not whining. I'm saying that the claims that we don't deserve compensation are unfounded.

Quote:
Well then I guess everyone except for you is crazy.

Not necessarily, but I wish they would read better. We agree on the issue, reread my posts and realize that please.

@AnitsuEx - What? You read my post instead of just arguing with it out of spite? That kind of logic is not welcome here on the internet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:06 pm 
Captain
Captain

But I usually can't nit out random stuff you put up for me to argue against. :P

【Fantasy】【EB】【Wolf】

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

I apologixze from reading that one post it sounds like you were on the other side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

You guys might be on the same side about compensation but for two different rationales, depending on whose nukes was fired. Both can not be correct. Well, unless it was a nuke made by one and fired by the other, we might be able to combine both claims.

To me, who fired the nuke is irrelevant. Since we all know what nukes do to you, no matter who fired them. If this is a game fault then, why not make this the way of nukes (period). Since that is what happens when you get hit by the nukes. That way it is the same principle across the board, with no claim to compensation.

GB I'm just curious, what is your stake in this?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

This dudes profile pic looks scary! AAAHAHHH

The 501st 501
The Elite Noobs TeN
xD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:35 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

It does matter who fired the nuke. If it was mine, I could have it disarmed. The person who fired it was not online and not in my alliance, yet I couldn't ion it.

This is why we don't have nukes hurt you when you match ETA, when you attack an OP you get that 1 hour to ion, because being hurt by a nuke you can't ion is ridiculous. The case here is simply that outposts and colonies are treated the same for a lot of things, and this is an oversight that should be changed because they shouldn't be treated the same in this specific situation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next