It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Funded Spammers - the new way?
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:04 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Who ever accused you of bribing anybody? You simply purchase more tokens than the average player which you're given a bit more slack compared to others. Regardless of what the staff says about supporters or not it's very true.

You were banned for sending tokens purposely to a friend who started a colony right next to the opponents relocation spot intending for him to spam each colony when they have no units or resources to build. If you feel that isn't correct then you can explain why you were banned to the very admin which banned you. It's very clear why you were banned so no need to try and deny it.

Regardless of what happend on this server the staff can ban anyone they so choose for whatever they want. That's the whole purpose of the quote from ToS he gave. At any given time the staff can ban you if they feel you deserve it and you accepted that as soon as you signed up to play so next time go ahead and read the terms before accepting or else you look stupid like you do here.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:13 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
So the solution here is simple...just list all the rules in the New section and on the forum...simple, transparent, efficient. That way I know what I can and cannot do and don't go into "grey areas", as Andrew called them. List that "supporting a spamming colony" is bannable, define what spamming colony is, and next time i do it i will ask for perm ban myself.

It isn't possible to list all rules, dos and donts. Everytime there is a new rule, someone will always come up with a way to circumvent it. That doesn't mean he cant be banned. That is the whole purpose for that general clause in the ToS that we all agreed to when we signed up. Agreed, that things like these have happened so many times, that the ToS have to be updated now and then, it is also incumbent on every player to play a fair and even game and not use a loophole here and there to his advantage.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:26 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

"Regardless of what happend on this server the staff can ban anyone they so choose for whatever they want. That's the whole purpose of the quote from ToS he gave. At any given time the staff can ban you if they feel you deserve it and you accepted that as soon as you signed up to play so next time go ahead and read the terms before accepting or else you look stupid like you do here"

That is wrong in so many ways that I cannot even begin to explain it...but to keep it simple for people without a legal background, abusive clauses in contracts or agreements of any kind are null and void by law. so for example even if i sign a contract saying you can kill me you will still go to jail if you do. Jurisprudence is very clear on that. Furthermore, customer protection acts are territorial, in the sense the corporate jurisdiction of the service provider is irrelevant, as long as he/she is offering services in a certain country (aka US) they have to abide by local customer protection laws.

So please document before speaking...also you completely missed my "be constructive" point. As in an updated set of rules even though they may not be exhaustive would be a great improvement. Also posting news about patch updates (latest two patches are still a mystery to all of us) would improve the gaming experience.

This is my last post here as escalating an argument is detrimental to all parties...I will end by thanking Andrew for seeing the common sense in my arguments and proving that sometimes BD stuff does care.

D

Most crystals: 1067
Veni vidi vici

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:59 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I was overwhelmed somewhere on the second page ... people face it, no money to pay for server hosting, no game development, no nothing...

Too many games are on the market as it is, all trying to provide fun for people, get them involved, get enough funding to survive decently , they are there for our entertainment, do not forget that and stop behaving like they owe us something, they are providing free of charge game and what is your individual contribution... let's turn the table and start with that... it is not what the game can do for you it is what you can do to bring the game to higher level... (deja vu right)

By all means, deamon abused the hell out of it and paid for it, but one does expect VIP treatment in such circumstances and whether one calls upon it or not it is solely subject to individuals integrity.

Do not be angry at admins and developers, they invested A LOT in this game and should have the right (without persistent questioning) to always rule in the best interest of the game.

This is very balanced and quality game, do not diss it, support it, make suggestions that can balance it even more and make supporters involved rather to hate them, be creative, be proactive ...

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."
(Thank You PurpleAce)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:48 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

cosmin1980 wrote:

That is wrong in so many ways that I cannot even begin to explain it...but to keep it simple for people without a legal background, abusive clauses in contracts or agreements of any kind are null and void by law. so for example even if i sign a contract saying you can kill me you will still go to jail if you do. Jurisprudence is very clear on that. Furthermore, customer protection acts are territorial, in the sense the corporate jurisdiction of the service provider is irrelevant, as long as he/she is offering services in a certain country (aka US) they have to abide by local customer protection laws.

So please document before speaking...also you completely missed my "be constructive" point. As in an updated set of rules even though they may not be exhaustive would be a great improvement. Also posting news about patch updates (latest two patches are still a mystery to all of us) would improve the gaming experience.

This is my last post here as escalating an argument is detrimental to all parties...I will end by thanking Andrew for seeing the common sense in my arguments and proving that sometimes BD stuff does care.

You do have news for patch updates though am not too sure how frequent they are. I think they do post a changelog everytime there is an update. If not I agree they have to.

Customer protection is one thing, but just because there isn't a clause, what if a customer abuses the service? How do you deal with that? What if that situation wasn't thought about before? Do you simply let the person go?

Secondly, the general clause in the ToS is debatable. Its impossible to make the list exhaustive. Lets say they list spam colonies etc as being illegal on the ToS, someone might come up with some other form of abuse, and then justify that it is not in the ToS. For that reason the general clause helps. I have seen these kind of general clauses even in concert tickets. Yes we do want constructive changes to BD. If you have complaints there is a thread open in the Suggestions board, that Kevin started, where you can put your points down - whatever you think should be changed that can make BD a better place.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:59 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

allen and the others, this is not the proper arena to excersize your legal minds, give us a break, we are trying to have fun here, focus on that, much more fun ... have i told you that Kane once allowed damage unt to be part of the massive attack and it was made public :O ... *hugs

(Thank You PurpleAce)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Pagan wrote:
have i told you that Kane once allowed damage unt to be part of the massive attack and it was made public :O ... *hugs

Lies! Lies! Don't ruin my reputation!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:13 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Pagan wrote:
allen and the others, this is not the proper arena to excersize your legal minds, give us a break, we are trying to have fun here, focus on that, much more fun ... have i told you that Kane once allowed damage unt to be part of the massive attack and it was made public :O ... *hugs

Hey no one is forcing you to read anything here :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:21 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

thank you for making it crystal clear to me Allen, i would still defend your back when you get in troubles ;a

(Thank You PurpleAce)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:36 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Allen, be nice :)

I agree with Ping here, it's a game, it's about having fun! I understand that people get frustrated when unjust actions are taken. As a admin you're walking on a very thin line where your views on the rules can change the outcome of the round.

There will always be people on both sides of the case who will dislike you no matter what you do. All we can do is to do our best to make the game fun for everyone and hope that the players try make the game as much fun as possible, not only for themself but to everyone else that is playing! :)

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next