It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch - more info and a call for testers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:54 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

day two of testing. Meet another person but despite both of us being level 30 there is was a miss match in the rank. so we could not fight for reals. we did some play fights and it was fun. Again noticed he had some very nice new items that I did not have access to.

When trying to make cash in the campaign mode it now logs me out after a battle is complete. So I can not make anymore cash. This was not always the case. Please help!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i tried, but noticed, TEST realm admins, give the players every new item, and see what builds are possible. thats what a TEST realm is, not just alternate server thta aalready has the update :X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:46 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

So how do I get the Admin to give me items? I spent two days on there and it seemed like something was wrong lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:06 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

rollercoaster wrote:
I use to love supermechs! I have 5 of my friends playing and they're sharing the great news about this game. I was even about to put in 100$ for tokens. But me and my budies are going to a different game as this game now sucks ass. Sorry if bad language is not allowed, and we will be telling more people to stop playing supermechs until it has been changed for the better or restored to previous order! Thank you for regarding my reply

Sorry to see you go. But in order for any game to progress, changes to the game need to be made. If possible could you not pick up on the things disagree with, as what you have said here is very general and there is very little to work on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:15 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Weights are horribly unbalanced right now; to the point where the only builds that make sense are silly and boring. If that gets fixed it will be easier to say how good the new system is or not.

Matchmaking is another story though. At the higher ranks it is almost impossible to play. I often sit for 10 minutes at a time just searching for a match. And when someone finally does come online and fight we are matched over and over and over again to the point where I get accused of cheating. This actually makes it easier to cheat if someone wanted to, not harder. Plus it makes the game virtually unplayable as I spend most of my time sitting watching "Expanding search...."

I don't think the new matchmaking and ladder system will or should survive. However, if weights are tweaked so they are better balanced that system could be a lot of fun. Right now, mech building is just terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:21 pm 
Private
Private

The basic idea of the weight system is not bad, but it just does not work that way. everything is a mess and the players, especially the new ones, are lost and confused. There are around thousands of pieces of each level and in each category, but finaly, stuff actually used to make a good build are almost 5% of all the stuff that, in theory, should be available.

for matchmaking and rank system, I completely agree with J^8: it's horrible.

Any criticism should be constructive, so here is my proposal, simple, straightforward and fast:

The level of the torso indicates how many kg may contain the mech, for example:

torso level 18, can carry 1800 kg, torso level 22 can carry 2200 kg, 26 ---> 2600 etc..

every weapon, drone, legs, kit, teleport etc. weighs exactly it's level x 100, for example:

level 19 sniper rifle weighs 190 kg, demolisher level 30 weights 300 kg, level 23 physical kit weighs 230 kg etc.

you do your mech and you can fight with the mech +/- 300 kg of difference. For example: dragon torso build with full of stuff loaded can weigh, at least 2,200 kg, because dragon torso can carry at max 2.200 kg. Well, I will play against 1.900 kg - 2.500 kg. But if I can "lose weight" and be able to weigh 1.700 kg using weapons of the lowest level, then my category will be 1700 kg and I will play against 1.400 kg - 2.000 kg.

Note that, in theory, I could use 2 demolisher mark 3 in a lev 18 torso like a roman torso and save on all the other stuff and be able to included in the category 1.800 kg

what do you think about? a system like this could work?

Greetings .G

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:37 pm 
Private
Private

and anyway, I propose, waiting for the best ideas and developments, to return to the previous version of the game.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next