It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Boosting Blues
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:33 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Can some of pros can help me on this ?
If most of my alliance members are heavy red boosters how many blues do i need to boost on a 3 ticker when aiming for a win and to match their score .

If u could also tell the proportion how many for gold , oil workers etc
Also after the new update of extending the shield till tick 300 so should we first finish with all structures then aim entirely for army?
Ik all game basics and usually play with alot of activity but never aimed for a win yet so didnt use a single bonus token so dont know.

Also i would be playing with around 16 hrs activity as i would be on vacation so its that enough on a 3 ticker? Or i need to increase it?

Any more tips u wanna give plz give them too!
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Boosting Blues
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:48 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

You need to boost workers as much as possible, I would only advise boosting Gold/Wood if you really, really need it.

25 Workers = 1 Power, 50 Worker Boost= 100 Blue Tokens (No discount)

Workers also boost your gold and wood production, which makes boosting them nearly pointless unless needed during a war.

Three tickers are pretty fast paced but your activity time should do.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:14 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

As i said ik game baiscs so that your point on 25 workers= 1 power and con = 1 power etc ik all of them but how many should i spend? 800 , 1k , 2k as i said i have no idea abt boosting
Also i think i read some where that 1 tickers need alot of tokens then 3 tickers or vice versa some thing like that

A much depth post by others will be more appreciated anyways
Thanks for ur help

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:27 pm 
Private
Private

Do u know what's cool down ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:09 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

1k blues be active, expand and conquer a lot. that formula is what i used for a long time to surpass red boosters. then i started working so my activity went down so i boost reds to off set that :lol:

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:40 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks little con
But what if my alliance members who are reds boosters are also more active , they exapnd and also conquer others?
And Amexo what's this cool down ?

Last edited by Mohitmm on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:59 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

You have to wait for the item u are boosting to cool down (i think 12 ticks)

So basically u have to wait 12 ticks until u boost this option again

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:22 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

It depends how well you want to do in the era. If you want to get a medal and finish top 3, I would boost 1.5k-3k tokens and be active enough to get conquers. If you are just here for the ride, you may not need to boost at all depending on the competition.

You don't have to boost right out the gate so consider saving your tokens, sizing up the competition and then spending them accordingly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:15 am 
Corporal
Corporal

So abeyant i think boosting is more complicated then i thought.
Abeyant how if its a world full of compition and i wanna end top 3?
SO boost around 2.5k? - 3.5k?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:25 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Mohitmm wrote:
Can some of pros can help me on this ?
If most of my alliance members are heavy red boosters how many blues do i need to boost on a 3 ticker when aiming for a win and to match their score .

If u could also tell the proportion how many for gold , oil workers etc
Also after the new update of extending the shield till tick 300 so should we first finish with all structures then aim entirely for army?
Ik all game basics and usually play with alot of activity but never aimed for a win yet so didnt use a single bonus token so dont know.

Also i would be playing with around 16 hrs activity as i would be on vacation so its that enough on a 3 ticker? Or i need to increase it?

Any more tips u wanna give plz give them too!
Thanks

To start, you will not be able to keep up with an active red boosting player. At the beginning of the era (if they are active), they will simply outproduce you, no matter what you do for a while. You will not be able to offset this until later when you have had time to overcome their boosting with even higher activity. Now if you are more active than them to start, then that's a very different story as you can get to conquers and resource OPs before them.

But to keep up with a heavy booster without boosting reds yourself, I would agree with abeyant. 1.5-3k blues will help keep you afloat to keep up with your red boosting teammates. You will not be able to completely keep up as they will have more workers, better production, and most likely, better units than you to start.

The biggest priority you will need to get on will be building your colony within the first few hours of the new era. New eras have a 24 hour pause for people to join before the ticks begin to roll. This will allow you time to actually build your structures to their fullest as the structure building is based upon real time, rather than ticks. You'll have to make priorities of your own for what to build and in what order. You will run out of resources before you finish making structures, so think very carefully about what you need to get a good start. Some focus on making more units right off the bat in order to gain conquers and resource OPs, other's focus on their structures and some focus on unit quality (damage units before 1st tick rolls).

As for the question of staying in protection or not, I think the main question is do you want to prioritize your structures or your expansion? If you wish to expand, you obviously need to get out of protection. However, if you're looking for a slow and steady start (nothing wrong with this) staying in protection may be a better option as you'll be safe to slowly build up your structures until you feel comfortable coming out. With this, if you time things right, you can easily have all your level 5 structures done before leaving protection and when you come out, you'll be a powerhouse ready for action (assuming you built units and did things right). Staying in protection also gives you the opportunity to help protect your teammates while you are safe. You can send units for defensive maneuvers.

But of course, if you aren't expanding, you aren't getting conquers, which means your production will suffer as a result. You will be solely dependent on your teammates gathering resource OPs to get your income higher.

In regards to your activity level, 16 hours is by no means a bad number, however, how you spread out those 16 hours is what really matters. You are on for 2/3 of the day, but if you intend to be online for 16 hours straight, then go to bed for 8, you are leaving yourself open for a LONG time. 24 ticks is no laughing matter to be offline and you can come back to absolute disaster when facing a good team. Granted, if you're playing with other red boosters, you are most likely playing seriously with them and they will likely call you online. But biggest thing is to make sure you are available to gain access online. I prefer to set alarms to wake up briefly and move things every 2-3 ticks. 3 tickers make that a bit more difficult as it leaves little time to sleep. You should always move your army accordingly to your sleep schedule. Pull back when you aren't at full activity, wake up 2-3 ticks earlier than you actually get up for the day to move your army back to the frontlines. When you get up for the day, your army will be ready to move as needed on the frontlines.

The blue token boosts you should do right off the bat should pretty much be all of them. You can skip energy if you want to, but I am an energy whore. I actually put priority on getting my converter fully leveled quickly so I don't waste more resources than I have to converting. I convert a lot. If you aren't much of an energy spender, then it shouldn't be an issue for you. Otherwise, small worker, oil and metal boost should be done asap to get your structures up and running. I'd recommend doing production boosts for oil and metal after about 20-30 ticks in the world. Get your worker count up first to get the most from this as that is what is doubled. If you get it but have a low worker count, you really aren't doing yourself much of a favor.

After that, it's purely up to your own play style for determining what you wish to do.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next