It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: What to do against Nuke-spamming?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:08 am 
Private
Private

Hello,

me and my 2 alliance members are in a tight spot on Earth 3. We are located within about 10 ticks of a somewhat stronger alliance; however, their armies aren't the problem, the amount of nukes they possess are. In total they possess about 6-8 missile silos and they have been targetting me and my friends for a while now, with every hit taking out about 60-75 workers.

Only at one point did they try to conquer me, but some precautious maneuvers led to one of them losing 90% of his army...yet even though they no longer try to conquer those nukes hit really, really hard especially because we don't possess a big enough army to capture their silos.

Is there something I'm missing here? Is the only option remaining for us to relocate far away? We've already established some radars and are about to set up a gate system so I would hate for us to relocate just because of some bullies.

Post subject: Re: What to do against Nuke-spamming?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

If you can't capture the silos your only options are really to:

1) Try to make peace with the other party. Sometimes this may be had if they hold a grudge for you killing their army

2) Relocate away. It will initially cost a lot of oil, but will benefit you in the long run.

3) Gain some allies and fight back. If you can't do it alone, find some other players who share similar interests to you and get them to fight back with you. One person spamming alone can be fought off, but with multiple coordinated players, weak or powerful, it becomes a real hassle for top players. Once you show your force you may be able to squeeze some diplomacy out of them because they won't wan't to deal with you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

or just get your own nukes and fire back :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:34 pm 
Private
Private

@Abeyant

1) I tried to do this, however, the other party simply ignored my message (read, but didnt respond)

2) Under these circumstances, probably relocating would do more harm than good because in our current spot we are out of reach for the top alliances, so we can continue to expand unhindered. Relocating therefore would save our population against nukes, but would lead to us getting conquered and not being able to establish radars and gates.

3) Although that could work, it's not really a full-scale war Im after. All I want is to find a way to deal with all of these nukes without having to sacrifice my entire army for it (or my freedom by relocating to conquested areas)

@Flint

I considered doing this. Though it would require me to invest about 7500 metal and oil just to research the Missile silo, and then I need to spend another 1000s of metal/oil and 100s of workers building the OPs.
And even assuming that would work, the alliance were facing here is slightly stronger than us so if in trouble they would probably just launch an attack on our silos and use it against us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:43 pm 
Captain
Captain

Arby wrote:
@Abeyant

1) I tried to do this, however, the other party simply ignored my message (read, but didnt respond)

2) Under these circumstances, probably relocating would do more harm than good because in our current spot we are out of reach for the top alliances, so we can continue to expand unhindered. Relocating therefore would save our population against nukes, but would lead to us getting conquered and not being able to establish radars and gates.

3) Although that could work, it's not really a full-scale war Im after. All I want is to find a way to deal with all of these nukes without having to sacrifice my entire army for it (or my freedom by relocating to conquested areas)

@Flint

I considered doing this. Though it would require me to invest about 7500 metal and oil just to research the Missile silo, and then I need to spend another 1000s of metal/oil and 100s of workers building the OPs.
And even assuming that would work, the alliance were facing here is slightly stronger than us so if in trouble they would probably just launch an attack on our silos and use it against us.

If that other alliance slightly stronger than you has ambitions for this round beyond just messing with you, they will listen when they continue to lose units..its really the only way out of the situation besides relocating. As you build your army, I would build it 100% anti enemy chassis and let them know you are going to do this until they are willing to make peace with you.

8+ years of Battledawn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]