It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to raise your own alliance?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:13 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

So, I have been reading some newbie tips that help a player become competent as an individual colony. By any chance, did I miss any guide that teaches a player how to raise his own colony? Or perhaps, did we not make one? Now now, don't tell me right away to simply click the create alliance button. That may be a straight answer, but it sounds disappointing. Let me repeat the question in another way, HOW DO YOU BUILD A REALLY POWERFUL ALLIANCE IN JUST 80 TICKS?. A lot of top alliances that existed for years have the capability to remain powerful even in the first tick of an era. Is it possible to overcome such inferiority with a fighting chance? Masters, what can we learn from you? Please hear me out. Teach us how.

Name In-Game: Attack Here
Alliances: Havoc Mastery (HM).

Post subject: Re: How to raise your own alliance?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:48 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I would love to see what an experienced player thinks of this lol

I'm assuming the players you try to recruit are not selfish cowards who only hide behind their teammates. this is something to watch for lol.

based on what I have seen so far, it looks like activity is the single most important requirement among all your teammates, after basic knowledge of the game. this is for both high and low ranking alliances.

for instance, a well known, experienced player, who happens to be vegetative, will probably lose ground to a very active player who only knows a little bit about how to play, such as what unit combinations to use, etc..

if you want to know why I think this, open the spoilers.

Spoiler:
in one era, my alliance got into a fight with some of the members of the second rank alliance. at one point, over a couple of days, we were the sole focus of one player, who appeared to be sending everything at us. unlike our opponents, my alliance was comprised of 30s-80 rankers, who only had a chance together against our foe.

if we had more than 1 or 2 players around at any given time during the fight, we could have jumped large, isolated numbers of the enemy, and reduced their units to a manageable number, since their army was coalescing for quite some time.

Spoiler:
in the other era, I was active, aggressive, and managed to get into the sub of a strong, experienced alliance (which hung at no. 2 after a short stint at number 1). the sub itself was hovering around 5th rank for quite a while. however, for various reasons, 1 player started attacking the 11 of us from quite a distance. he did a large amount of damage and conquered a number of us, as most of us were not active enough to present a united front.

later on, our alliance (the sub) and the main alliance started a fight with the alliance our attacker had been in, and started losing ground, despite us outnumbering the active opponents at least 2:1. this is because the opponents were always around, attacking, and most of my allies were not.

I think you need to find active, reasonably intelligent allies, to fill your group with. otherwise while you sleep someone else will take YOUR stuff and NOBODY will be around/able to defend. I don't say experienced allies, as you can teach noobs, if they are active enough and stick around.

you might try inviting people, and having general guidelines, or paths of development that you want your members to follow (to make it clear that they are active). for instance, you could ask that your members expand, make lots of armies, or start making gates.

if someone is not working on conquering the surroundings, or building a substantial military presence, they better be making gates for those who ARE making units or conquering others can get around faster. if not, give them warning, and if they still aren't getting with the program, make them a sub (if they are inexperienced) or get rid of them altogether.

it might sound cold, but to be frank, the successful alliances will be working together in some manner. if you want to succeed against them, you can't have any real slackers.

ofc I don't really have much experience, this is based on my observations (and frustrations lol). hopefully you can get advice from someone more qualified to be answering here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:40 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Certainly, there is more to enjoy in this game with an actual alliance. I have been working alone for a while (Which is somehow alright for me), and I have learned something from top alliances. Very strong alliances have their colonies stick together (Which is obvious to most of us already). That mere fact alone allows me to safely suggest that to raise a strong alliance, coordination on the alliance location is a vital priority. Now, here's a question. How do you acquire land for your alliance? I am very sure there will be resistances in the process of acquiring alliance territory.

And another thing, I noticed that top alliances also ask for your Skype accounts before recruiting you to their alliance (Sadly, mine got hacked. And I'm too lazy to make another one). There's indeed a very practical need to communicate with alliance members for any large-scale encounters. So far, that's how far I have reckoned. This is not at all a complete answer to this question.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:18 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

philippinexile1995 wrote:
Certainly, there is more to enjoy in this game with an actual alliance.

Yeah very true , when u have 9 guys around backing u up it brings confidence and courage to become more agressive and to be honest only set alliances win eras, very tough for a random alliance to pull victory.

Very strong alliances have their colonies stick together (Which is obvious to most of us already).

Thats half true , if u will try to observe more u will see , good alliances stay in Pods during early part of the game , it helps in gaining resource ops fast and getting a good start. then when they have enough to defend they relocate and stick together to defend each other and make a stronghold.
(Camp walls and Nuke fields play major roles in a good hive).

and finally as u asked how to raise an alliance , taking into consideration that
u dont have very much friends and very much experience in BD i would suggest , first just place on a newly started server and join a random alliance (there will be lot of alliances in top 5 during start and are sometimes open too), then try to play with them , soon u will see the bigger alliances will come and hunt and kill u and u have a clear picture of big alliances during 200 ticks. thats the time when u should make an alliance , also talk with the rank2 or rank3 alliances and name ur alliance as a sub for them , it will take atleast 2 eras to get a good combination of players if u are a new guy. Then whenever u feel u are a good leader or not u can decide if u should make ur own tag or just play as a normal soldier.

I hope it helps

Current Status : Playing Clash of Clans with BD friends

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:02 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

skynet1 wrote:
Certainly, there is more to enjoy in this game with an actual alliance.

Yeah very true , when u have 9 guys around backing u up it brings confidence and courage to become more agressive and to be honest only set alliances win eras, very tough for a random alliance to pull victory.

Very strong alliances have their colonies stick together (Which is obvious to most of us already).

Thats half true , if u will try to observe more u will see , good alliances stay in Pods during early part of the game , it helps in gaining resource ops fast and getting a good start. then when they have enough to defend they relocate and stick together to defend each other and make a stronghold.
(Camp walls and Nuke fields play major roles in a good hive).

and finally as u asked how to raise an alliance , taking into consideration that
u dont have very much friends and very much experience in BD i would suggest , first just place on a newly started server and join a random alliance (there will be lot of alliances in top 5 during start and are sometimes open too), then try to play with them , soon u will see the bigger alliances will come and hunt and kill u and u have a clear picture of big alliances during 200 ticks. thats the time when u should make an alliance , also talk with the rank2 or rank3 alliances and name ur alliance as a sub for them , it will take atleast 2 eras to get a good combination of players if u are a new guy. Then whenever u feel u are a good leader or not u can decide if u should make ur own tag or just play as a normal soldier.

I hope it helps

And indeed, this helps. Thank you. I think it's too soon for me to raise my own alliance. You see, I decided to launch my own alliance which becomes most active during HAVOC. Really pointless, isn't it? Besides, there's no other thing for me to do in BD. Either I win the whole world or be a conquered colony. But hey, maybe that could change someday.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]