It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Best defense?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm 
Private
Private

Hi, I've seen a lot of people building just infantry for defense.. Is this the best defense chassis or are they all equal and just a matter of preference? :s

Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:26 pm 
Captain
Captain

yuyamarino wrote:
Hi, I've seen a lot of people building just infantry for defense.. Is this the best defense chassis or are they all equal and just a matter of preference? :s

every chases have advantages and disadvantages... so I don't think Infantry is the only thing best for this

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:18 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

People usually build infantry because of their cost (meaning they're easy to amass and replace). So if you want to raise a relatively big army that's somewhat easy to restock, then infantry is your chassis. This comes at a price though; they're easy to replace because they need to be when they die a lot quicker in battles.

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:19 am 
Major
Major

Just to be clear from a recruiting standpoint (unless you take into account building the structures to unlock them) every chassis costs the same.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:33 am 
Captain
Captain

Korupt wrote:
Just to be clear from a recruiting standpoint (unless you take into account building the structures to unlock them) every chassis costs the same.

and if some 1 don't know, by "costing same" means as 1 tank=3 Infantry so 1 Armour Tank will cost same as 3 Infantry armour units i.e 300 metal ( 1 armour tank):300 metal (3 armour Infantry) ... in start, without Over-head

and 1 Vehicle = 2 Infantry
so its 3 units inf= 2 units Vehicles=1 Unit Tank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:49 am 
Major
Major

That's a complicated and wordy way to say it, a simpler method would be no matter what the chassis is it will cost the same to build a full squad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:30 pm 
Private
Private
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Korupt wrote:
That's a complicated and wordy way to say it, a simpler method would be no matter what the chassis is it will cost the same to build a full squad.

this does not answer the guys question. actually best defence is the shield of 12 ticks...:) but speaking of chasis of units it depends on your possible enemies atack. and considering that your enemies chasis is infantery - lets say- you build the next gen of weapon and if you just defend make them all armour. you save resources and you got the best defence :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:26 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

skylander wrote:
Korupt wrote:

this does not answer the guys question. actually best defence is the shield of 12 ticks...:) but speaking of chasis of units it depends on your possible enemies atack. and considering that your enemies chasis is infantery - lets say- you build the next gen of weapon and if you just defend make them all armour. you save resources and you got the best defence :)

No, just armor is a terrible defense. It is extremely easy to take down full armor squads and the enemy units still get xp.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mwv1jq.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/10mpgdt.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cehuo5.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2lllidv.png

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

daggertye wrote:
skylander wrote:
Korupt wrote:

No, just armor is a terrible defense. It is extremely easy to take down full armor squads and the enemy units still get xp.

Armour is good for defending ranged units , which attack first.
Also there much more easy to replace.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:12 pm 
Major
Major

Given the context of the question armor would not be the way to go though since he is talking about defending a colony.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next