It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Godsent's guide to Greatness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:24 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

1st) This guide does not require boosting but even if u only use blues from voting you should be top 10.

2) Break protection as soon as you build your colony. Even if you get conquered you still make more resources then if you had conquered 10 colonies.

3)When u build your colony u'll notice you lack oil. but focus on metal and food first. Only get the oil upgrades that are 1k metal and less to upgrade until you have at least level 4 metal. (This may take at least 24 ticks but don't worry) Boost metal with your initial 100 blues. If you intend to buy tokens then its most important to boost 1 big metal, 1 big oil, 1 metal production, 1 oil production, and then use the rest for only large worker boost. If you don't donate and only vote then save those and use them for metal and oil production and then use the rest on worker boosts.

4) no matter what build you intend to do armor infantry will always be useful. build 1 or 2 to conquer noobs around you (if your conquered you can still use them to attack wreckages). There is no need to scan before every attack. Click on there colony and view their profile then go to the statistics page and it will show u exactly how many units that player has built. It will also show you how many units that player has lost, but be careful alliance group attack loses are given to everyone involved in the attack so if you send 1 unit with 10 units of another member of your alliance and you lose the battle both you and the guy who helped you both get hit with 11 loses on both records. but odds are if they have 11 units lost and 11 units built that player has 0 units left. DO A SCAN ON ALL BIG battles.

5) Once you have level 5 metal, food, and oil, you can build the ranged and spy upgrade. Create a spy. Then upgrade to what ever units you intend to build. You'll have a crystal by now, don't defend it if someone wants it.

6) Once you decide what unit type to build only built that unit type, from my experience Infantry and Tanks are the best (Read other guides if you want to know why). Never rush units.. Build only ranged units until you have enough to conquer the nearest player with a crystal in 1 turn then build armor so your ranged never die. Using the statistics page you can see how many units they have and by the their power (which you can see on the community ranking page) and their colony size (which you can visually see) you can use the battle simulator to see how much armor you'll need. You should always assume the enemy has ranged and your weakness (if you have tanks then assume the enemy has all anti tank units with a 75% ranged 25% armor build). when building armor never build more then 21 ranged and 9 infantry or 8:2 tank. so if you only have 42 ranged infantry then you should have a max of 18 infantry (armor units should be all anti inf).

7) Build armor units for the next target in advance if you know the ones you currently have are going to die so you can keep attacking. no matter what build type you use you should bring enough spam to take all the targets conquers the same time you are conquering them. Use the statistics page to see how many conquers they have and if their conquers have units (most times all the conquers' units are dead). When you conquer a player make sure you launch on their conquers, ops, and mines all at the same time as when you launched on the player so you can take everything in an instant and move on. This is what those spams are for lol. Use the profile statistics page so you don't wast your spam. Those loses add up.

8) SURVIVAL-Don't attack people you are not ready to war. As in don't attack their ops, subs, or their conquers. Also do not attack someone they are already attacking. make sure you don't conquer someone they freed. Key to survival is keeping your power high enough so that anyone powerful near you won't want to lose all their units attacking you. If your not stronger then people near you don't collect 15 crystals unless your in an alliance that can defend you once u have the crystals. Don't attack unless you can win in 1 round. There are many people who you can defeat in one round. Battles that are longer then 1 round is only costing you resources you can't afford to lose. Can't beat them in 1 round? Allie them. Don't mess with active players even if you have more units then them. they will be more trouble then you need. Free anyone who asks you to free them (This means they intend to play even if they have to go through you).

9) UNIT EXPERIENCE- This is very important. makes 1 squad of 21 ranged and 9 armor hit like 72 ranged and 10 armor. Well worth it right. So here is the trick. Follow the survival rules. As long as your battles only last 1 round you'll find that even your armor units will become more powerful. Its also very important to never split your squads up if you will not be on to unify them before you log off. Your armor is weakest when split up. Never leave your units sitting on an op without spy protection unless they are in a safe place away from your enemies. Even a weak army can destroy you with a spy and a few ranged.

10) SPYS- Very important. remember I had you create a spy, Hopefully you haven't touched it yet because you should have a decent amount of spy protection by now. And since you haven't been wasting your energy you should have a decent amount of that also. add 1 or 2 20 energy spy protections and send your spy out to enemies who you think will last more then 2 rounds if you attack them and plant a spy. Wait tell you have at least 50 infiltration points and at least 1 eta away with your attack on the target before using your spy and make sure you damage the right units or the units they have the most of even if you have to scan them first. If your spy is caught do an advance scan and see if they have mainly your weakness. If they are sorely lacking tear them apart. If they have +60% your weakness and they have nearly the same amount of units you do or you don't have their enough of their weakness retreat. Retreating can waste a lot of your time and cause them to attack you back, but losing ranged units is unacceptable under any condition.

11) REACH - Your reach is super important to making it into the top 10. You need Gates and radars every 12 ticks apart so it never takes more then 6 ticks to get to a radar or gate if 1 is jammed. 6 ticks is all someone needs to downgrade your precious ops. Never stop expanding. If you see someone you want to conquer expand your gate and radar system to them in advance before attacking them just in case you need reinforcements like armor units. Allie any one who tries to attack your system because you can't defend them from the entire world. if they don't Allie you make sure you attack them and have defensive units in range at all times to continually defend them. A break down of your system can cost you to lose everything.

12) As you expand you should have at least 5 squads made with either 2 anti infantry ranged and 1 armor infantry or 1 anti inf ranged tank and 1 armor tank. These squads will attack those new players ops. Oh oh, you can use those to make gates and radars and raze the ones you don't need for extra resources.

13) LOST MOST MY ARMOR - What do u do? lol not a bad thing, you probably got a good chuck of experience for your ranged since there was less units to split it. Should you rebuild your armor? NO, build a squad or two of ranged while its cheap. Take a short break from major attacks to build up your ranged units. constant big battles can stifle your army growth because it puts you in constant cycle of replacing armor units. Once have have increased your number of squads by at least 2 you can rebuild your armor. If you can u might want to use this time to build enough ranged to take out some of the bigger guys in 1 round so when you rebuild your armor you can hit bigger targets and get more for your money.

14) Last for now cuz I got things to do today. Keep steps 1-13 in mind while your doing each step so you can plan ahead. Planning ahead is always best. Your not playing against a CPU. Your playing against other great players as well. The more active player will win if you never come online to defend your colony or ops. I will come back later and add some final steps to keeping your rank high.

Last edited by dareggaemon on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Godsent's guide to Greatness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

This is why I hate guides. Makes everything too complicated. No, there's no absolute step by step way to win a round or even to do good. You might as well say 'Godsents tips to do good for a while and then get utterly destroyed'.

1. You have to boost as least somewhat to be a good player.

2. That only works if you're an experienced player that knows what he's doing, not if you're a noob.

3. Breaking out of protection already grants you plenty of time of increased resource production, so why would you waste precious tokens on oil and metal production boosts?

4. Great, get them loving armor units from the start. There's no need to scan people? Nay. The statistics page is in no way accurate, scans are more accurate and their SUPPOSED to be inaccurate.

5. If you can prevent someone from taking you're crystal, then by all means prevent it. You act like you should just give up you're crystal.

6. Armor units should not be all anti infantry.

7. Totally wrong. You don't just build a random assortment of armor during an attack to replace the ones you're going to use, you use the battle simulator which is 100% accurate most of the time and find out what's going to be lost and rebuild it while the attack is still in progress.

8. Agree with most of it, except people who asked to be freed don't deserve to be freed. I free people that don't ask and just rebel.

9. All units are weak when split up, not just armor. That's how I approach all wars and how everyone should, by spreading my enemy's army as much as possible and killing the small forces one by one.

10. You forgot to add always have as much spy protection as there are ticks that have past on the world.

Great guide though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:25 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

First of all, hey Godsent. Senatus here :)

Second of all, I don't really approve of your guide.. It's not an actual guide to greatness, I only do this when I know I can't play actively and hope to build up enough troops to get into an alliance later on. If you spend the first 500 ticks just building structures, there is no way you can do the rest of this guide.

What also doesn't work in your favor is that you rely on people getting a high fake power from conquers.. Conquers don't give power anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:35 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

usually i try to get my far at lv l4 and metal and oil at 3 for a while before i upgrade them. they cost a lot...so that part is not doable

@dyl some of what u said was wrong too

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:35 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Well lets start from the start

with Captain.

I know they would get destroyed in the end after getting a good score but hey i wrote this in 15 minutes. I said i hadn't finished the guide and i'll release an edit on how to keep your rank once you get it.

1. Yes boosting is necessary, This guide is assuming you vote daily and use blues. i'll had to edit that to be clear.

2) True you have to be experienced. But practice makes perfect.

3) oil and metal production gives you more then big metal and big oil boost as long as you built your farms and have a good population. At 1000 workers you get 20k metal from the metal production. Way more then big metal.

4) armor units are useful for spamming noobs. just how it is. I acknowledged that the statistics page is not always clear becuz it counts everyone's loses that fought with you against the target. I recommend to use a scan when its too unclear and large numbers are involved. but lets face it. if they only have 5 units built and not in an alliance. they don't have more then 5 units defending.

5) I've seen a lot of people blow apart their strategy just to save 1 crystal when they will get a lot more later. It leads to rushing units and upgrading to military units to early when u can't support a large army stifling their worker growth.

6) In a solo world yes, but in an alliance group attacks will teach you to build only anti inf armor. loses go in order of anti tank, anti veh, and then anti infantry is lost last. This is why probably lose a lot in group attacks.

7) no one said to build random units. I specifically said to only build 1 type of unit. Also, it does say to use the battle simulator in every attack. I would hope they have enough since to rebuild their loses.

8) your probably right, but I am paranoid about being spammed all era by a noob.

9) I agree, I'll add that to the guide.

10) thank i did forget that that most important.

I'll edit my guide to fix those errors.

Sup Senatus,

I never even including building any other structure besides metal, oil, farm, spy, and then just build to the unit you intend to use in the era. Thats not even half the upgrades. I had them built by tick 60.

Also this guide does not rely on other people with fake power it relies on how much units they've built and lost. And I even recommend scanning for big battles.

@ Life N Stuff

Its completely do able if you start the world with 100 blues, and you vote daily. Also once you break protection you have enough to get lvl 4 metal off the back. So I think you forgot to include that large lump some of resource you start the world with.

But i must say i didn't mention it in the guide.

I'll add that as well. Thank for everyone's input.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:13 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Quote:
I never even including building any other structure besides metal, oil, farm, spy, and then just build to the unit you intend to use in the era. Thats not even half the upgrades. I had them built by tick 60.

Also this guide does not rely on other people with fake power it relies on how much units they've built and lost. And I even recommend scanning for big battles.

You are saying you have level 5 farm, metal, oil, ranged and spy at tick 50? You must have gotten a LOT of conquers at step 4 then.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:30 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I usually follow this method:

1. Build my colony and break protection.
2. Buy 6000 reds.
3. Boost everything - Small and Big, oil, metal, workers, Energy.
4. Build food, metal, oil, energy - atleast level 4, range, spy, radar posts.
5. Boost everything again and build proper squads right from the beginning. And start taking outposts and mines.
6. Keep boosting until you get 30 or 40 squads and also use your income. You could raze outposts for resources too. Also boost for workers till I get to 1099.
7. Keep boosting whenever required, and stay active and coordinated with teamwork, and you will win the era :D

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:35 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
I usually follow this method:

1. Build my colony and break protection.
2. Buy 6000 reds.
3. Boost everything - Small and Big, oil, metal, workers, Energy.
4. Build food, metal, oil, energy - atleast level 4, range, spy, radar posts.
5. Boost everything again and build proper squads right from the beginning. And start taking outposts and mines.
6. Keep boosting until you get 30 or 40 squads and also use your income. You could raze outposts for resources too. Also boost for workers till I get to 1099.
7. Keep boosting whenever required, and stay active and coordinated with teamwork, and you will win the era :D

:lol:

Now you see, THAT'S a guide. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]