It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tips for all players
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:35 pm 
Private
Private

1. Don't break out of protection early until you have a lot of ships.

2. When conquered, don't rebel the first chance you get to. Build tons of ships first and get then to defend your colony or else you'll get conquered right after your liberation.

3. When selecting a location for a new colony put it in a location where there are very few players or very weak players. You can figure out if they are strong or weak by their rank.

4. Don't conquer outposts that much. I see why people attack gates or radars or training bases but not regular outposts. It takes less resourses to build an outpost than to conquer a somewhat lightly guarded outpost.

5. If your protection has just ended, don't conquer a colony yet. You should first get more ships to defend your own colony or else all colonies you conquered will automatically be liberated and you will be conquered.

6. Use scans before attacking so you'll get your opponants weaknesses.

7. When trying to defend, you should build more armorded ships than damage ships but when attacking try to focus on damage ships. Range ships are good for both but you should have a lot of armorded ships so they have less of a chance of getting defeated.

8. Don't hurry every ship. hurrying costs workers and workers let you produce more resources but if you need to defend your colony then you should hurry ships.

Those are all the tips I have for battle dawn exept for don't waste your tokens and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

Last edited by roommyboom on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Tips for all players
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:11 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

1) It's improbable that an average (by that I mean casual, non-boosting) player would get 100 fighters within their first 100 ticks, even if they focus all resources into production (which is a really bad idea). 10-40 is reasonable, but many players that have established themselves can and will easily dispatch them. One would be better off breaking out of protection (for those extra resources) and allow oneself to be conquered, and build up from there. Wasting resources on a basic and inefficient army so early without regarding the means of getting resources to fund them is a potentially fatal mistake.

2) I agree, but don't build whatever comes to mind. You've gotta make efficient builds (Ranged and Armour ratios; no Damage) otherwise you'll end up getting your rebellion quelled or having somebody else's flag flying below yours.

3) It's impossible to chart where the weak players would be, but many powerful and experienced alliances prefer islands, the middle and the area around the Admin. If you're a new player, I wouldn't suggest playing near the admin, as many other players do, as I see it as a 'farm' where conquers can be easily reaped en masse. I would suggest hugging the edges of the map or finding yourself a relatively secluded island that can be easily defended.

4) I agree with this one. While sniping an outpost or two for your purposes is okay, taking out large numbers of outposts without the means of defending yourself will draw hostile responses; i.e squads knocking at your door.

5) See no.2

6) That would be backstabbing, regardless of liberation. If the target lost his/her assets because of your attack, then it's backstabbing.

Good guide overall, but you may want to elaborate on some aspects. :)

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:22 pm 
Major
Major

No offense but this guide is a guide on how to become a mediocre player. I DO NOT SUGGEST FOLLOWING THIS!

I will release a guide on Saturday. Also if you really need help apply for a mentor.

Ty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:13 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

6) I agree. It's common sense to find out what your enemy's hauling to send out the appropriate units.

7) No. Not only should you not build Damage units, but you should never let your Armoured unit counts exceed that of the hitters (ranged and the less favourable Damage). Damage units are only good at the very beginning of the round (first 150 to 200 ticks) for a player to get an edge over the weaker developing colonies around them; using them throughout a round will only rack up your losses.

Letting Armoured units exceed the number of hitters is also a bad idea, seeing as a properly built squad from even a moderately experienced member (Ranged and Armour; More Ranged than Armour on a certain ratio from one another) would have their Ranged units easily cutting through your Armoured units due to their first-strike nature, and having their Armoured units take the hits for the more expensive Ranged units.

8) I agree, but even then, if the threat is manageable, then one shouldn't hurry all their units.

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]