It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The war vs NO is over
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:12 pm 
Captain
Captain

Anyone complimenting Professor on his mood is not the brightest in the bunch. Professor wasted his army and surprise by spamming. When has spamming like that ever hurt anyone?

That said we weren't going for fireworks per say, we were going to try and draw your forces away from other places so other fronts could open. Yes in MUPT we lacked squads compared to the alliances put against us but we had more squads than any one alliance we were against. That was the important point that round. NO had half or less squads than GIFT had. This means fighting a conventional one on one wouldn't win us the war. We needed to try something unconventional and so we did this. With our player in Africa, we intended to keep on fighting even against your squads eta 3 from us. Maneuvering and keeping your squads focused on us would have let fronts open. But Seth decided to go ahead and interfere once again into the round and stop anything from developing.

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I don't remember if that player was there already or not... I remember transferring your crystals to use you as a bouncing mechanism. We could have kicked you to save the crystals as well, I just saved you 24 ticks of being yellow. I'd say they are different beasts... and even in this instance, the complaining that Seth ruined the era is ridiculous. Their armies were in Africa, still could have used them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

psg188 wrote:
I don't remember if that player was there already or not... I remember transferring your crystals to use you as a bouncing mechanism. We could have kicked you to save the crystals as well, I just saved you 24 ticks of being yellow. I'd say they are different beasts... and even in this instance, the complaining that Seth ruined the era is ridiculous. Their armies were in Africa, still could have used them.

If you'll recall, when Seth interfered with our move at the time in that era, I felt it was worthy of quitting. Only because you guys asked me to stay did I. But, certainly, I understand admin interference as a legitimate and reasonable rationale for quitting and thus, yes, it is Seth's fault for getting involved in a thing he didn't need to be involved in that caused great end of era fun.

You will also recall when you did something in another era that got you temp banned, I came here and defended you for legitimate use of in game abilities to accomplish something and you argued, as you should be now, that what you did was perfectly valid because it was allowed in game and not specifically against any rules.

Be consistent in these things as it will serve you. You were right then, both times, and are wrong now. Get right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:34 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hmm..

all i can see is that Allen said, Seth ruined the game for the players who got banned.
And yep, thats right.
Of course, we could have used our squads in africa more. But also our motivation was like 0.
My members got banned several times for playing the game as it should be played.

As example the KAF accident as they took yellow op's OR using the gate of new recruits, the relic thing, the point that Seth kinda ignored me all era,....
I won't say that Seth ruined the era for us, but i want to say, that all of this "accidents" brought us in the situation that we felt tied.
Whatever we did - the first thing was, that Seth, you and maybe some more searched if we are violating a rule with it. And also it was : Punish first - think later... if they don't violate a rule with that - we can change the rules.
We got called a dishonarable alliance by Seth for our move.
What was dishonarable in this?
We used the possibilities the game gave to us. Thats all.
Do you know what i really regret? That 5 members, which played with me 1,5 years long wants to stop playing BD ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:45 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Despite what may or may not have happened over a year ago... I did what I thought was right. I never did anything to give me an artificial advantage, I only did something to save us a minor hassle. I wish now I didn't save us that minor hassle so it couldn't be thrown back at me.

What NO did was completely circumvent actual gameplay. Why bother fortifying areas if people can simply gate past it with slave colonies?

That's not a tactic, that's hitting my King with your Rook on the first turn and saying "Haha. Gotcha". That's not chess, and this isn't BD. Seth was right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:14 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Don't you think, that i thought i was right too?
(btw i still think)
As i said, we used tactics which were:

1. obviously allowed
2. available
3. a common part of the game

Seriously Kevin, we can go on with that 10 pages more and still it won't change anything. As i suggested before, why not let the BD team making their job?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I wouldn't say it's obviously allowed, or common. Otherwise it would have been fixed a long time ago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

:shock:

Okay..then admit that we are brilliant

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

lol.

Well we've seen it done tons with people betraying their alliance, but I personally haven't seen it token rushed off a new colony before.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

so you're saying that every player that betray his team should be banned too? or is that legit according to your own set of rules? well... not your own, but yours and seth's.
That would be sad news for some of the mighty alliances that ruled BD at their time. i can easily think of GML, i bet you can think of much more.

side note to you, Kevin... seems like you fell in love with that wrong comparison to taking the king in 1st move in chess. thing is... there is no way to take the king in 1st move if you play by the rules. it is obviously possible in BD to do what we did.

Seth did ruin the era, and it is not surprising that you are the only one that fails to see it, while most others see it easily, including your team mates. or maybe you call oluvai, garry, vulnar dishonest?...

You said that i admitted doing wrong?? no way, and since you guys brought up my convo with seth so many time, here a quote of what Seth told me in that convo:

[8/20/2011 10:49:45 PM] Seth: as long as I cannot prove that it is multi, fair game. no problem

and after reading the rule together, here is what he said:

[20/08/2011 23:04:56] Seth: yer totally missing my point
[20/08/2011 23:05:36] Seth: so basically, you are free to make slave colonies anywhere you like
[20/08/2011 23:05:37] Seth: as long as
[20/08/2011 23:05:39] Seth: a.)
[20/08/2011 23:05:43] Seth: i cannot prove they are multi
[20/08/2011 23:05:46] Seth: and b.)
[20/08/2011 23:05:52] Seth: they do not send resources directly
[20/08/2011 23:05:55] Seth: anything else goes
[20/08/2011 23:06:04] Seth: does that seem like a good thing to you?

of course, that was before he had to live with your complaints, Kevin. he knew very well that it was 100% legal. and that the colonies should never be banned. he didn't like it, that's right, said that it was not honorable. well... this is non of his business. he doesn't have to play in my alliance.

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next